One more week to live Advent! Let's dive in!
With Christmas right around the corner, how has our Advent preparation been going? Whatever your answer, the great news is that we have one more week to prepare our hearts, so wherever we are in the journey, there is still time to dive in... so let's do it!
Here we offer a couple of ideas, do share your ideas with us, would love to hear how you live your Advent!
1. GO ON RETREAT: Join us for our parish retreat this Sunday , December 20th from 6-9pm! Details and link on our Home Page !
2. ATTEND DAILY MASS if you haven't already been doing so. Click here to view the 8AM livestreams or catch the latest recordings. Whether you are able to make Mass or not, check out and reflect on the daily readings, which can be found at www.usccb.org
3. DISCOVER OR RE-DISCOVER ADVENT TRADITIONS - Create (or persevere) at sharing one of the many beautiful Advent traditions with your loved ones. Why not while there is still time? If you've never lit the Advent wreath at dinner with your family (or intended to but didn't get around to it), start today! If you've never done the Jesse Tree, start today! Then the path will be paved for you and your loved ones to pick up where you left off more easily next year!
4. REFLECT ON THE WEEKLY THEME DAILY - This week, the theme is LOVE. If nothing else, how about reflecting daily: (a)In what ways am I being love to others (b)In what ways can I grow in the art of loving others?
5. REFLECT ON THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES - Pray the Holy Rosary with special attention to the Joyful Mysteries and remember that Father Gary prays the rosary daily on our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/saintdavidcatholicchurch!
6. LISTEN TO ADVENT MUSIC - 'tis the season to enjoy the many beautiful songs created especially to accompany us while we prepare, before the season is gone. There will be time to enjoy beautiful Christmas music very soon!
These are just a few ideas in our small very non exhaustive list, which others can you think of? Whatever we do, let us prepare our hearts for Christ this Christmas and beyond by first and foremost, choosing to love one another more, as Christ loved us!